Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Raw/Living food - Day 6

Today was great for my raw foods, at least up until dinner. I could never do this sort of thing while I had a job so I am really appreciating getting to spend all of the time right now focused on my health and other interests. It's going to be so sad when I have to go back to work! First thing this morning, I made a fruit juice smoothie that came out delicious. It had a lot of strawberries, 2 nectarines, a plum, and a mango. When I tasted this initially, it was a bit too over-sweet to me, so I added some watermelon, rinds included. This did the trick! It added some lovely flavor but muted down the sweetness. My husband, who thinks fruit is always too sweet, will really enjoy this I think, and I like him eating raw fruits, so I'm going to try to make up a batch of this before he goes to work in the morning so he can have half.

Speaking of my husband, I don't think I've mentioned this here yet. He started eating a bit of raw food when I did. I've been shooting for about 66% of my day as raw (2 meals). He was only doing a raw breakfast, and all fruits really, no vegetables. Within just a few days, his serious heartburn issues cleared up all on their own - no other food changes! He has been doing things over the past several months like cutting down on sodas and eating less for dinner, eating dinner earlier, eating less tomatoes and spicy foods, ect, and it all helped a bit, but he was still having problems with it and taking lots of Prilosec and Tums. But after just a week of adding the raw food in to his diet, he kissed his heartburn bye-bye. Unfortunately, he just doesn't like the taste of fruits much, and raw veggies even less so it was a struggle for him, but I know he liked the results so he's going to keep trying to find things he likes. I just wanted to share his exciting 'success' story with raw foods, and it all happened in such little time! Okay, back to me.

After I ran, I cooled down with a veggie juice the way I have been doing for most breakfasts. This drink is really growing on me. My first experience with it was so negative! So if you have tried the veggie juices and don't like them, suffer with it for a few days. I really got used to them and learned to enjoy them so I think anyone could! I showered and cleaned the house until I was tired. Then I rested with a good book until I fell asleep for a nice little nap. I didn't give myself a chance to make the lunch I had planned up but after I woke up from my nap, around 5 pm, I was starving so I finished off the rest of the Pumpkin Pie in a Bowl from yesterday. It saved great and tasted fabulous today too. I must have been extra hungry because I didn't think it was overly sweet at all.

My husband wanted to go out car shopping after he got home from work so I knew we would probably have to go out to dinner, but I didn't want to AGAIN so I cooked dinner anyways (taco soup) in hopes we could just eat it instead. But no, we rushed right out to the car dealership (put a deposit down for a Honda Fit) and then stopped at TGI Friday's for dinner. I did not make healthy dinner choices. I didn't pick a well combine meal, I overate, and I had way too much fried food. I'm getting really frustrated with my dinners lately, especially since I work so hard to plan out something healthy!! But it seems even the best of my plans get thwarted into eating crap. No wonder it's so hard to lose weight. I did gain half a lb so I'm back up to 42.5 lbs to lose total. I have no hopes that it will be back down for tomorrow :( But hopefully tomorrow I can enjoy my HEALTHY dinner that I have planned and I can feel proud of my food choices! Tomorrow is another day :)

No comments: