Sunday, June 15, 2008

Raw/Living food - On Pause!

My dog got really sick and I haven't been able to keep up my raw lifestyle plans because we've been spending so much time at the vet and cleaning up her puke, lol. I can laugh, because she's doing a lot better now but it was pretty scary for a while there. But we had very little time for any sort of food preparation and got a lot of take out and pizzas. I'm sure in times of great stress, it would be more helpful to stick with a healthy eating plan, but it still takes me too long to prepare everything and I just didn't have that sort of time. I still did raw breakfasts every morning because those are easy. A piece of fruit or two and you're set!

I'm planning on jumping back on it tomorrow! I have all of my breakfasts and lunches planned out as raw for the whole week. My dinners are healthy (but not properly combined) and hopefully will be delicious also.

My mandoline showed up this weekend! The zyliss one from Amazon.com. I looove it already! I used it to make a non-raw dinner tonight. I sliced through 6 potatoes in no time at all! It's going to be a wonderful addition to my raw lifestyle. OH! And I got seeds and my sprouter this weekend also! My seeds are a "Zesty Sprout Mix" that I bought from Fruitful Yield. I was hoping for broccoli seeds and they stock them but they were out today. They also had mung beans but there was an episode of The Office where they talked about how mung bean sprouting smelled like death. I don't really want that in my kitchen. I'm sooo excited to see my sprouts grow though! Can't wait to get back to raw tomorrow!

No comments: