Monday, June 16, 2008

Raw/Living food - Day 5 - Back on Track!

Okay so this isn't exactly day 5 of all of this but close enough for my purposes. The dog was still sick last night and I was up for hours with her so today I have to admit I still did a half-assed job of the raw foods and the lifestyle that goes with it. I did not do my body brushing (I completely 100% just forgot about it), I did not work out (toooooo exhausted) and I did not do my morning papers (I started them and then I think she started throwing up again so I had to quit in the middle). But I did manage to eat my breakfast and lunch both raw! I think that is an important step to getting back into the diet. I think I must have missed my veggies the last few days because my morning drink was sooo delicious to me today! Today was the first time I cut the recipe in half and I will use the other half of the ingredients tomorrow in a new, fresh juice. The lunch (pumpkin pie in a bowl) I made was very tasty at first but too overpoweringly sweet for a full meal. I think if I had mixed it with a salad it would have been okay. I still have a lot of it left so I'll be able to make a second meal from it. I think it's fantastic I'm getting second meals out of these things because this is really going to help me cut down on my grocery bills!

This weekend I spent 30 dollars at Caputos, which is all of my fruits and veggies. I think the only thing I picked up from Target was the Almond Milk, which I think was around 3 dollars, and then at Costco I got romaine lettuce in bulk, which was another 3. If I can cut my Caputo's bill nearly in half by using each meal 2ce, then I'll really be in pretty good shape!

Tonight for dinner I did much worse than I planned. Everything fell apart when my husband came home from work early and wanted to go out looking at cars when I should have been making dinner. When we got home, we were both getting hungry, but the dinner I had scheduled took over an hour to cook. Then, to top it off, I think our dishwasher is broke. It was hugely frustrating to me because I just don't have enough counter space to store a ton of dirty dishes. I had so many dirty dishes that there wasn't even room to start cleaning them because there would be no where to put them once they were washed. I started to get really frustrated and overwhelmed by all of it and ended up asking my husband if we could just do leftovers instead of me fixing another meal as scheduled. I hate going off my schedule but I was starting to flip out. So I ended up with 2 pieces of pizza, 2 breadsticks and way too many french fries and onion rings that we had left over from the other day.

I'm sure with all of this crappy eating tonight, my weight will be up a good bit, especially because the food is all so salty too. However, this morning I was down another bit so I have 42 lbs to lose! I'm on a roll. If only I could get my dinners working the way the rest of my day does. Tomorrow's another day to try to get it right! :)

No comments: