Thursday, June 12, 2008

Raw/Living food - Day 4

Today has been the day where I felt 'hungriest' so far. I upped my running this morning from 3 miles to 4, so I think that may have also had an effect on how I was feeling. It was pretty warm out today so I'm sure that was draining. I also realized I may just not be eating quite enough. I think for next week I should plan on adding a raw salad with my lunches and dinners. I like salad, especially if I can have tasty lettuce instead of spinach or something strange. It finally dawned on me today that while I made 3 meals out of my beet and sweet potato pasta, it also means that it took me 3 days to eat 1 beet and one sweet potato. That's not really a lot of food when it comes down to it and the point of this plan is just to eat what you want when you want as long as it's the 'right' sort of foods in the right combinations.

I do feel like the food combinations that Natalia Rose suggests in her Raw Food Detox books are beyond me to understand. I feel like it's like learning grammar rules all over again. I before E, except after C and when sounding like... well you get the idea. It's all like, veggies can pair with anything but raw fruit. Never eat fruit with anything except on an empty stomach. Veggies can pair with Flesh and nuts and starch. Starch never pairs with flesh. Dried fruit doesn't count as fruit but counts as a nut, except for bananas which can apparently pair all over the place. Cooked corn is a starch while raw corn is something else. Avocados also don't go in the group you think they would go in. Oh some how I forgot the dairy category. See, it's too much for my small little brain. She keeps claiming it's easy and not intimidating, and I keep feeling clueless. I'm hoping it will sink in eventually but for now I think I have to ignore her extra crazy rules because it's part of the reason I'm not eating enough. I'm worried I'm going to break her odd food combo commandments.

Both of my injured feet felt about the same this morning as last. After I ran though, I could barely manage walking for the rest of the day. I'm getting more and more worried there is something seriously wrong with my left ankle. The pain is crazy and it doesn't seem to be getting much better. I tried compressing it today so maybe that will help make a difference for tomorrow.

I'm down another half a pound so that makes me at 42.5 lbs to lose. Not bad results for 4 days! I did have a meal at Chipoltle for dinner though (and I ate every last bite) so I'm not expecting anything good for tomorrow's weigh in. We'll see though! I was pleasantly surprised by losing another half of a pound this morning. Gotta love the raw fruits and veggies! :)

No comments: