Thursday, July 3, 2008

Green Smoothies!

I have finally discovered green smoothies! I'm so in love with them! If you aren't familiar with them, basically it's like some spinach or other greens mixed in with bananas or some other fruits in a blender until it's at a smoothie consistency. It'll look bright, beautiful green but it will taste like whatever fruit you've put in the blender. It's so good and it's such an easy and fabulous way to get tons of greens without all the salad chewing.

I don't know what it is about it but it's all I want to eat. So I've decided, I'm going to commit to a week where that is all that I eat. Starting this Monday, July 7, I am only going to enjoy green smoothies for 1 week. I will be feasting on them left and right. I am so excited about my new feasting plan, I can't even put it into words!! I already spoke with my husband about it because I don't want him to think I'm doing anything weird or drastic or won't be getting enough nutrients. I want him to be comfortable with the way I'm eating as well. Plus, I really do need his support because if he's asking to go out to dinner every night, then I'm going to be doomed to fail. I don't think I could walk into a restaurant with my smoothie and just have that while he has a whole meal.

I'm so pumped up about this plan and I can't wait to put together a grocery list with all the great smoothies I want to try to make! I got a copy of Green for Life from the library and I'm going to use several of those suggestions to start with. It turns out, I'm not a huge fan of mango, which is a common fruit to use, so I will have to make some substitutions. I'm okay with banana although it is not my favorite. I can't wait to find out what my favorite combination will be! The fun starts Monday! :)

No comments: