Sunday, August 17, 2008

Olympics

I've never really cared for the Olympics before but some how this year I totally got into them. I can't get enough!! I'm not sure what changed in me to suddenly love them but I'm having a good time cheering on the Americans.

It is really making me want to do all sorts of athletic things now though. I bought a new 1-piece swim suit that I'll be able to go to the gym and wear to do laps at the pool. Thanks Michael Phelps, lol. At least the suit was on sale. It was only 30 dollars when it was originally 120. Not a bad deal!

I'd also like to do Gymnastics but at this point in my life I think I can safely say I am not flexible enough for that kind of thing!

Then we watched the women's marathon and now I want to run super far and fast. Not because it looked like fun like the swimming or gymnastics, but because of how awesome their stomachs looked! They were so flat!! I really do need to add some distance to my running though. Doing 2 miles a few times a week doesn't really make me much of a runner :P

Oddly enough, while the Olympics make me want to work out, they make my husband want cake and ice cream. So one night we made a late night run to Jewel and picked up some, and stuffed ourselves while we watched our girls gymnastic team. Hahaha :)

No comments: